Wednesday 30 May 2012

Chanel Graphite vs. Eyecandy What A Steal

Hey ladies, shortly after buying my Chanel Graphite, I won an Eyecandy polish on a facebook competition which looked like a pretty good dupe. I thought I'd put them side by side and tell you what I think about them each.


They look amazingly similiar in the bottles, the Eyecandy containing the same subtle gold shimmer in Graphite. Even the cap and bottle shape are practically the same! I'd also like to add, the cap on the Eyecandy bottle is somewhat like the MUA one, where it doesn't always sit properly, which can annoy some people. Excited to see the bottles beside each other, I scramble to swatch both of them. 


Can you see a difference? No? middle and little finger are Graphite, Eyecandy is index and ring finger.

Now we have established they are very close dupes, and to the untrained eye (my dad, mother and sister) they could not tell a difference, and neither could I after a few hours wear. Pictures are shown with no top coat. 

Formula on both were fine, the Eyecandy being slightly thicker. I'd like to point out that the Eyecandy polish looks slightly darker when applying, but when it's dried it lightens up and matches Graphite entirely. 

Eyecandy = £8 I believe? (12ml) Eyecandy is found in large Sainsburys in the UK.
Chanel = £17.50 when it was released, but it's now discontinued and costs around £40 on ebay!

There is also the OPI dupe in the new spiderman collection which I do not own. I'm not entirely sure of how close it is. The OPI would be around £11 in the UK for 15ml. It really depends how much you think you will use, and availability in your areas. 

I hope this proves helpful.



2 comments:

  1. thanks for doing this, i defo wouldn't need both of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! OPI might be cheaper per ml, I'm not sure, but again I dunno how close they are either.

      Delete